| The stunning views from the Jump |
| Exhibit focusing on the daily life of the local First Nations. |
The museum serves as to emerge guests in both the history and geography of the area, with the unique intent of beginning the narrative at the back of the museum, and working its way down the hill to the front. As you walk through, or in this case down, the museum you are struck with not only the richness of Indigenous histories and their ingenuity but also the natural beauty of Alberta. It's this beauty that the Indigenous peoples moulded to their favour, using the astounding natural landscapes to propagate life.
| The Husband always finds a map. Always. |
After some disappointment over patches on my trip, HSIBJ finally granted me a patch. It's pretty tacky and very "80's tourist", but I kinda dig it. I'm finding that patches are definitely more of a rarity than pins are, so I'm attempting to opt for a patch, no matter how tacky, whenever it's an option.
| The slightly tacky HSIBJ Patch sits across my left shoulder. |
Highlights: The immersive experience and narrative were really well done. Despite the age of the museum and some exhibits, it was still really engaging and well done.
Missed: I do really wish we had been able to participate in a tour, but as we were road tripping, it was, unfortunately, going to take to long to participate in a tour. I also should have worn some better shoes so that we could have gone on one of the many hiking trails, which also provide a narrative to the site.
Ratings
Family Friendly: 5/5
Cleanliness: 5/5
Staff Knowledge: 5/5
Content: 5/5
Experience: 5/5
Overall Experience: 5/5
Comments
Post a Comment